Possible selves: Baku


 A Baku is a creature made up from all the leftover animal pieces that can be summoned to eat bad dreams. My hopes and dreams for being a Japanese speaker are to visit japan. I hope to be able to live there for a short period of time and make new friends and have great new experiences using the Japanese language. As a language learner now I am able to speak in basics using the Japanese language, though I am still not very proficient I feel that I am developing a solid foundation of understanding of the language that I can build upon in the coming years to become a more proficient speaker. In the future I’d like to be able to speak easily with other Japanese speakers so I can make new friends and get around Japan and do all the things that interest me. In the future I would also like to learn Korean and I think after gaining a good understanding of Japanese, I can do that a lot easier. I am excited to learn more Japanese and become able to understand more, I think that sometimes it feels like I am behind in what I should know but then I realize that I can’t learn a language perfectly. In the past I tried to force myself to learn everything 100% before I moved on to the next thing but now I realize that it’s not an effective plan and probably the reason that I did not stick to learning on my own. I feel now that though my knowledge of what I’ve learned has gaps when I can’t look at my resources I think that I still have a better foundation and good chances of building on that to be able to speak more easily and the holes will fill themselves through further learning. Also, I know that when I arrive in Japan, whenever that may be, that I probably still won’t have a perfect understanding of everything I see. But, I know that I will learn quickly while I am there and I just need to put myself in a position where I know enough to get around and meet people so that I can learn more and learn faster.

Comments

  1. Yes! The skills to learning are just as important as what you are learning. you have these skills and I know from your first hour in Japan, they will support you on your journey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Literacy blog 5

Learning games